North West Employers
"When we commissioned Prospect, we knew that we would get something a bit different, and that’s exactly what we got – something inspiring that would help create the confidence in our future leaders and develop their personalimpact and thinking.”
Kelli Pickford, Director, Learning and Improvement,
North West Employers.
North West Employers provide advice and support to the region’s 41 local authorities.
Prospect led a uniqueleadership programme to inspire the next generation of HR leaders and equip them for the challenges facing local government in a period of unprecedented change. with the emphasis on greater cross-sector working and an ever increasing drive for efficiencies.
The programme was part of North West Employers’ regional strategy to support HR development via the HR Gateway.
- Working closely with North West Employers to identify the national and local challengesfacing HR professionals in local government
- A unique leadership programme designed to build confidence and strategic awareness amongst the participants
- Delivery of a flexible, six-month programme, including workshops and facilitated ‘action learning sets’ (problem-solving challenges tackling real workplace issues)
- An inspiring finish to the programme, involving an entertaining performance by a theatre group drawing together the themes of the programme.
- 100% of the participants said they felt confident in supporting organisational change as a result of completing theprogramme
- 100% of participants said they were confident in their influencing and negotiating skills
- 100% of participants said they felt energised and optimistic about their potential role as aleader in the HR community
- Participants report that they are now working differently in their organisations, using the skills and confidence gained.
"This was areally positive experience... It has undoubtedly improved my performance at work,” said one.
The ‘Future Leaders’ programme was funded by the North West Improvement and Efficiency Partnership.
Eighteen HR professionals,representing a third of local authorities in the North West, completed the programme.